An audiologist is a licensed hearing specialist qualified to perform audiological tests and prescribe hearing aids in the Province of Ontario. At the very least, audiologists have a Master's Degree, and many have advanced degrees. Audiologists also dispense hearing aids and other hearing-related devices.

One of the most common hearing tests audiologists do results in an audiogram, or a graph that depicts a person's hearing sensitivity. The test measures thresholds, or levels in decibels at which signals are just barely heard.

Our Audiology Services are provided by licensed audiologists. Hank Victor, Director, has been an audiologist since 1975 and founded the clinic in 1980 on the cornerstones of clinical excellence and customer service.

  • Complete diagnostic assessment for all age groups, infant to geriatrics
  • Advanced diagnostic testing, including auditory brainstem evoked potentials (ABR) for otoneurologic and threshold measurement and otoacoustic emissions (OAE) for assessment of cochlear function
  • Central Auditory Processing evaluation (ages 7 years and up). This involves much more than peripheral testing. Hearing involves more than picking up sounds - it includes everything from detection to perception.
  • Hearing aid evaluations and prescriptions for amplification devices for all age groups
  • Tinnitus Retraining Therapy (TRT) for treatment of tinnitus and hyperacusis
  • Mobile industrial hearing testing


Do I have a hearing problem?

Most hearing problems develop over time. Because the change is gradual, people often do not realize they have problems until their day-to-day lives are negatively affected. The following are some early signs of hearing loss or changes in auditory function:

  • Having difficulty with simple conversations
  • In a crowd, you hear words but do not understand them
  • Family members complain that you do not hear them
  • Family members complain that you turn the television up too loud
  • You feel that everyone mumbles
  • You hear an occasional or constant ringing in one or both ears

If you feel you may have a hearing impairment, consider an appointment with a qualified audiologist. BE SURE the audiologist you choose is a registered member of the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO). Only registered members of CASLPO are legally permitted to use titles such as "audiologist," "speech-language pathologist," "speech therapist," etc.

Browse this site for more information on hearing impairments, hearing aids, speech therapy, etc.